Monday, February 10, 2014

Grow Journal - 1st entry

I thought I would start a grow journal for my plants under my new Dominator XL LED lights from Lush Lighting. I've never done one of these before, but I've been taking pictures and notes, so here goes..

In Oregon, we're allowed six mature plants to grow. We can have eighteen smaller plants, but only six are allowed to grow to maturity. This time, I'm growing Pennywise (14% CBD), Timewreck, The Flav, Vortex, and FillyBean and Orange Vision which are our own crosses. 

After receiving the lights, Jerry hung them and installed the fan and ducting. After much discussion (i.e. you're not seriously thinking about cutting a hole in the wall next to the window, are you?) he cut a hole in the wall to vent to the outside. I'll admit, it was so much easier than re-framing that window and it really solved our humidity problem we were having. Now it looks like we won't have to put in a dehumidifier after all. We may take down the mylar and replace it with some panda film, but that's later. I put the plants in the room to see what they looked like, and realized, I needed floor tile. 




So, Amazon had some that was white and cheap, so that's what I got. It looks so much better and helps with reflection. And now for an aerial view..





After letting the ladies acclimate for a bit, I began cleaning up the underside of the plants. I like to get rid of the branches that won't amount to anything as well as the inside area where light doesn't penetrate as well. It's all about the harvest and what it's like to process at the end. The messier it is, the more hassle it is and I don't like hassle, so I try to do as much prep work as I can early on. I only remembered to take pictures after I'd already cleaned up the first three..

Pennywise is a plant from TGA Genetics that people have been waiting for because it's higher in CBD than cannabis plants typically have. I wanted to see what effect higher CBD has on my RA (rheumatoid arthritis), so when it became available, I bought a package up at Hempfest last summer. It's been discovered that high CBD cannabis also treats severe epilepsy and is less psychoactive than other varieties so we're seeing it used with children suffering from that condition. Currently we're seeing some legislation pop up that wants to legalize only that form of medicine. Once again, the narrow minded of us out there don't get it. We need all of it, not just CBD. Stop overthinking.. 

Anyway, back to Pennywise.. 20/80 Sativa/Indica blend of Harlequin and Jack the Ripper is new and promising. On the left is what it looks like before pruning, on the right is after..the idea is to get anything that's close to the soil or on the soil out of there to prevent bug infestation, etc..not that my plants have bugs..they don't. And I don't have to use anything to keep them away. I just don't have them. No bug bodies, no fecal matter, nothing. Yay! Seriously.













Timewreck is next..another TGA strain which crosses Blood Wreck with Vortex (I love Vortex) in a 70/30 Sativa/Indica blend. It needs lots of room to grow and with 70% Sativa, it stretches. 












Lastly, The Flav..another strain from TGA which rumor has it, they're dropping from the lineup. I hope not because it's wonderful for muscle spasms and pain. But it'll show up in crosses I'm sure, and if not, at least we've done some that are terrific..a Flav x White Widow cross we just harvested that we call Space Widow is pure magic. A cross between Romulan (BCGA) and Space Queen, the 40/60 Sativa/Indica plant is a large, heavy producer and is great for oil..or anything else really. #SaveTheFlav












One final shot of the room..more journal entries to come because we're about to kick it into flower!







No comments:

Post a Comment