Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Runecasting..



Before I begin, I wanted to talk about the amethyst rune set I used today. Typically I use a set I made from an apple wood branch from my backyard. I felt compelled to use the amethyst set today and after pulling the runes that I did, I understand why. Amethyst is a stone of protection and spirituality. It brings a sense of inner peace and helps attract positive energy while dispelling negative energy. Since I tend to absorb energy if I don't shield properly, wearing amethyst is helpful in that regard. 

Today, I pulled Wunjo, Ehwaz, and Fehu. I rarely pull Wunjo, and since it's a positive omen, I was eager to begin my interpretation. Wunjo represents joy, and a feeling of connectedness to others. It signifies friendship and shared identity with others. In a three rune spread, we have issue, action, and outcome. Wunjo suggests that awakening to our oneness with others will result in our collective joy.

Ehwaz emphasizes cooperation, teamwork, partnership and love. It suggests extending love and unity to others, seeing in them their holiness instead of reacting with ego-mindedness. We accomplish this by remaining in the present and refusing to allow the illusory past to influence that moment, preventing the judgment that typically happens. Instead, by choosing love and forgiveness, we further awaken as we join with our brothers and sisters, instead of judging and attacking them.

The result is Fehu, or wealth. Of course, it's not monetary wealth, but true spiritual wealth which occurs when we awaken to the fact that we are part of the collective Oneness that is God. Fehu also indicates freedom as well, which this awakening also represents. Abandoning judgment, we are free to choose a more loving way of seeing each other. Monetary wealth doesn't reflect this. True wealth is reflected in our Oneness.

We begin in joy..choose to see holiness in everyone..resulting in our true wealth in the Oneness of God.. What a lovely rune spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment