Thursday, April 17, 2014

Grow Journal - Out with the Old, In with the New

It's a new garden! The last one was terrific! I'll make oil from Pennywise to see how that comes out. Actually, I'll make oil out of most of it, maybe a little tincture as well. Patients are typically highly pro-active when figuring out what works for us. Really though, what choice do we have? I envy those patients who can have the conversation with their doctors. We're a credible source because we never give up until we find what works. We'll tell you honestly what works and what doesn't. We essentially have to become our own pharmaceutical company, researching strains and medication methodologies, to find our path to healing. Because, at the end of the day, that's what this is all about..healing.

Trust me, it's not cheap to grow cannabis. I suppose it could be, but given the fact that it's medicine, we have to be extraordinarily careful how we do it. I don't use pesticides and thank the Divine Mother that we don't have mites or any other critters wreaking havoc with the plants. When you have a compromised immune system, which many of us have, you cannot afford to ingest any crap that can make you more ill. So, no molds, bug bodies, fecal matter or pesticides (poison). I love the instructions on some of those pesticides..they never tell you that some of these things become systemic in the plant and is there really an acceptable level of poison to ingest? Or is this just another version of acceptable loss that seems to drive corporations these days?

In any event, I'm growing all new strains this time. They're all from TGA Genetics Subcool Seeds. Dr. Who, Cuvee', 9 lb Hammer, Mickey Kush, Galactic Jack, and Honeymoon Mix. Honeymoon Mix isn't in Sub's lineup anymore I don't believe, and I only had one seed and it ended up being a female! Plus, I've had it a while, but you wouldn't know it to look at the plant. It'll be clone-only, though, now that I don't have any more seeds and probably can't get them now. I love getting new seeds because then we have the chance to collect pollen and then create our own strains. That's so much fun. Last time I pollinated a branch of Jack the Ripper with Pennywise, creating a strain I called RipperWise. Soon, I'll start a couple and see what I get.

And now for the ladies!

9lb Hammer
Cuvee'

Dr. Who
Galactic Jack

Honeymoon Mix
Mickey Kush

And then a shot of the room


And also, here are a couple of pictures taken when gender appeared on 9lb Hammer and Mickey Kush:

9lb Hammer

Mickey Kush












Another garden, another adventure in growing! Livin' life under the purple lush!

~ Blessed Be this amazing plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment