Sunday, May 4, 2014

Creating altars..

Altars are fun to create. I try to create one daily to study correspondences for each day of the week. They can center around Sabbats and Esbats as well. Colors, crystals, Tarot, Runes, incense, herbs, tools, and deities are among the correspondences to consider. Elements and moon phase are also important when creating an altar. They can be simple or elaborate. I tend to get carried away with different crystals because I love them so much.

Since today is Sunday, here is today's altar:


The colors for Sunday are gold and orange, I used two of each color for the chime candles. Gold also represents the metal correspondence. Sunday is represented by the Fire Element, so I used red stones, carnelian and red jaspar, to represent Fire. I love spheres, so I used several, with the white moonstone sphere in the center of the pentacle altar tile representing purity and the Akasha Element. 

I included fresh juniper in the cauldron to represent Sunday's herb. Yellow daffodils and the Sun Witch Rune represent the Sun. The selenite wand represents today's magickal tool, as well as the Queen of Wands Tarot card. Strength, The Emperor and The Sun are also included. 

As the moon is waxing crescent, magicks of increase and resolve are represented by both the Sun (success/progress) and Two Rings (love, relationships) Witch Runes. Additionally, I've included five Runes. Thurisaz, Kenaz and Nauthiz represent the Fire Element along with magicks of protection, positive change and new beginnings. Sowilo represents the Air Element and influences magicks of strength, self-confidence, spiritual direction. Inguz (or Ingwaz) finishes the balance by representing both Earth and Water Elements. Strength, success are its magickal influences. 

I love dragons, and I included them as today's mythological being. Myrrh essential oil is simmering above one dragon as today's perfume in lieu of incense. A small bowl of red salt represents both Earth and Fire Elements. Lastly, if you look closely, I inscribed a bindrune representing today's Runes on the white candle holders. Bindrunes are really cool to make by combining runes together..sort of like reducing numbers to their lowest common denominator. They represent the blending of today's magickal influences using my favorite divination tool. I love Runes..whether they be Futhark, Witch or anything else. Symbols, numbers..they all have meaning and frequency, so I always include them.

We're all part of the same God/dess energy, whether in human form or otherwise. In my view, the altar represents balance and harmony, in ourselves and in the world around us. Beginning each day by creating one is a wonderful reminder and helps my focus for the remainder of the day. And I always learn something. 

~ Blessed Be! ✵☽✺☾✵

No comments:

Post a Comment